Saturday, April 15, 2006

Easter...already?


It seems like it was only last weekend when I sat down and decided that I was going to read a passage of scripture each day of lent and really make this "holiday" worth something for myself... for my soul. How human I am. How I fail at remembering the things that matter, focusing and worrying too much about things that only last for a mere moment in the larger scope of things.
Andrea is a really good writer and has really made some interesting observations about Christianity and Spirituality within the context of our dualistic culture...where people don't want to hear about truth...where they only want to make their own truth so that they won't remember how uncomfortable they are in a life so insecure without something GREATER to believe in... check out her blog and read it!

http://blog.myspace.com/drea_m13

3 Comments:

At April 15, 2006 10:58 a.m., Blogger Bethany said...

Yeah...good words, my friend. Our society is cursed with the hatred and idolizing of itself. What a strange irony. The blessing is that we DO have the cure, the answer, the not-so-secret potion! Have a wonderful Easter and don't be too hard on yourself! Bless you!

 
At April 17, 2006 9:29 a.m., Blogger Mr. P said...

yo! good to hear from you. I responded on my blog, but I wanted to comment on your sisters thoughts too.

Orthodoxy is quite similar to what your sister was talking about, as far as a bit universalist, but still founded on Christ's incarnation and resurrection.

anyways. I will try and write more about that sometime, but this week is going to be craaaaaazy. peace to you both!

 
At October 06, 2007 8:04 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is weird, but i keep having a dream where the word ESUL on a placard. What does this mean...?

I don't know korean. I just did a search on google and this pulled up....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home