Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The sky... if you can call it that!


So, here's an example of the sky I was referring to in my last blog... prepare yourself; maybe you want to get a pollution mask just to view the pics!

The sky makes you think it was a cloudy, misty day, but... WRONG-O! It was sunny and about a billion degress hot!

Here's another example of the air quailty...
So, the story: We had a day off yesterday and thought we'd be productive and do some sightseeing... well the hike we decided to do turned out to be longer than 5 hours and we had thought it was only two hours...oopsy... we were totally unprepared! No water, no food...it got a little tense towards the end, but we finished the hike and then pigged out all nite on food and water!
In spite of the poor planning, we had a good time. We went with the new couple at our school, Robyn and Marko. It was great to hide away from the city and spend some time in the mountains... the hiking here is quite beautiful; only wish I liked hiking a bit more ;)
Well, today is back to work and there's no more "holidays" until the end of July! BLAH! Hope I can make it.

5 Comments:

At June 10, 2006 10:05 a.m., Blogger Bethany said...

You are having too much fun anyways! No need for holidays! :) You're on the home stretch!! Have a wonderful time back at work! You are loved!
PS Thanks for your thoughtful comments on my blog. What a blessing!

 
At June 10, 2006 6:52 p.m., Blogger Esul... morning dew said...

Bethany, you're such an encouragement!
I enjoy reading your blogs because you put things - spirutal, emotional, practical - in such a way that isn't "pompous" or self righteous.... you write because you have a good way with words and you want people to experience things the way you do, and THIS is what makes me love your writing...I don't feel like I'm reading someones accomplishments; I feel like I'm reading someones journey :)
Can't wait to be done here... had a rough week: (Go to "a-train" link and read about it...)

 
At June 17, 2006 9:34 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't like hiking, huh? well...we'll have to work on changing that once you're home. I LOVE hiking...anytime, anywhere! if I'm not working, that is...so far this summer hasn't seen much in the way of days off...

 
At June 18, 2006 6:13 a.m., Blogger Esul... morning dew said...

I'm scared... i think the hiking at home may be more difficult than it is here :S eeerrrrr...so you'll have to catch me on a good, "physically fit" day, when i have an "I can do anything" attitude! HA!

 
At June 22, 2006 11:47 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the thing, though. You CAN do anything! ...I'll get you pumped up about it and we'll go somewhere "moderately challenging" and maybe only a half-day worth of hike. Trust me: when you're with good company in beautiful places, it feels like it was nothing but worth every step when you make it to the top!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home