Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Category 5 - literally and metaphorically, at least in my mind

Well, I can't believe that I've let more than a month pass since my last blog... work has been busy and I've been addicted to TV and sleep! However, our intensive classes (extra classes while students are on summer vacation, so technically, they don't really get a summer vacation if they go to academies during vacation) are now finished, and Andrea and I recently finished watching "Six Feet Under" - an HBO drama series of 5 seasons. I tell you, we were on a marathon... there were a couple of 5am-ers... now tell me that's not addiction?
Now with all this extra time I'm getting the proper amount of sleep required and trying to do some reading - you know, the kind that's good for your soul, or whatever you want to call it.
Looking ahead and realizing that I only have 26 working days left, and realizing how much garbage has gone on this year, I feel apalled at how much of my attitude seems to have gone "sour"... wishing I could start over. However, if I started over, I would definately find a better job! Well, I guess my "fresh start" will come when I get home... there's something refreshing, and terrifying, about thinking of "starting" life. It's not like I had a lot going on before I came to Korea, so when I go back there isn't really anything waiting for me... no job, no specific hobbies... but I guess now's the time to think about what I really want to do with my life (easier said than done, since I'm very capable of changing my mind based on current moods... SHEESH!) and then just do it! Hey, anyone have suggestions... or know of any interesting jobs that pay well??? If you know me, even a little bit, I need hints... the time is coming up fast, and as much as I'd like to wait a LONG time before finding a job, financially I can't :( Curse to my loan payments! ARGH!
Well, there's a Category 5 hurricane occuring somewhere over the Pacific Ocean near Japan and we're definately feeling some windy and rainy weather from it (no worries, though, it will probably die down before it gets any closer to Japan). Check out the cool link to this weather site. You can even watch the hurricane move! Pretty cool! I love this kind of weather... it puts me in such a peaceful and relaxed mood; wierd how wild weather can make me feel the exact opposite.

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/

Sorry no pics today... just felt like writing. But good news, Andrea's photo site is now updated with A LOT of current stuff so check it out. Click on the link on the side bar that says "Andi's photos." Enjoy.

3 Comments:

At September 06, 2006 5:38 p.m., Blogger Bethany said...

Hey, Rach..you should just come home and see what happens! Worry about your "plan" later! You have lived alotta life the past couple of years and maybe what you need is a chance to think, be bored, or just spend some time with your man, your fam and the friends who have missed you. You never know when you get here what will happen that will get your "job" or career started! What do you WANT to do anyways? You are multi-talented and an incredible representation of Jesus...just start there and see what He wants you to do! I bet you could use a couple days of just resting in Him, eh? You rock and you're in my prayers, friend! Lots o' love to you!

 
At September 06, 2006 11:44 p.m., Blogger Esul... morning dew said...

Bethany! You're so cool and your advice is totally AWESOME!
The closer I get to coming home - which by the way is OCTOBER 29TH!!!! WOOT!!! - the less I seem to worry about job stuff and just think about seeing the people I missed this year... like you said, see what happens :)
See you very soon, FRIEND!
How was your vacation?

 
At September 15, 2006 10:47 a.m., Blogger Bethany said...

Hey! Thanks for commenting back! I am marking your "home date" on my calendar! Have fun these last days! Our vacation was AWESOME!!!! Very restful the first two days and then became a bit stressful as we were dealing with some heavy family stuff....I'll share more later. But all in all, Tim and I enjoyed our time alone and even when we spent some time with family, it was much needed and appreciated. God knew what we needed. Many blessings and see you soon!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home